Woodstock ranch offers riding lessons to students ages 5yrs old and up. We teach lessons for beginners through advanced riders and have a team of experienced instructors in a variety of disciplines. Whether you are looking for a patient instructor to learn the basics or you are a life long horse enthusiast looking to polish up or further advance your skills, we have the horses and instructors to meet your needs. We teach a variety of disciplines including English, western, dressage and western dressage, jumping, drill team, groundwork, and basic horse skills.
Prices and Packages
General Lesson Policies
- A deposit of the session amount is due prior to the start of the session.
- Long pants jeans or breeches and boots with a heel are required to ride.
- Self-provided helmets are not required for all students but are strongly encouraged for all students especially under 18
- 24-hour notice for cancellation is required or the dollar amount for that lesson will be deducted from the package. If you are not participating in one of the packages a $15 charge will be added to the charge of the next lesson. (Emergency situations will be given priority)
- Make-up lessons are not guaranteed and are subject to availability. Make-up lessons may or may not be with the rider’s usual instructor, or at the rider’s usual time.
- Credits: Credits will be issued only in instances where lessons are cancelled by Woodstock Ranch or the Instructor. Credits will be applicable to the following month’s invoice and must be used within 1 month of a cancelled lesson.
Horseback riding is a fun, challenging activity that is physically and mentally good for you. You will be developing strength, balance, and coordination along with patience, determination, and confidence. Our instructors have years of experience with riders of all ages and abilities. They have the ability to work with fear issues and many physical and personal special needs. Our lessons tailored to your individual needs and we have both private and group programs. Lessons are taught in a constructive and positive way and our instructors are dedicated to helping you reach your goals. Horseback riding is beneficial at any age and it’s never too late to start. Our youngest student is 4 years old and our oldest student is 78! Lessons are available on your horse or ours. We have a barn of safe, sound, reliable school horses that are masters in a variety of disciplines. We have horses for beginners as well as challenging mounts for experienced riders. The quality of our lesson horses is second to none. Many horses on our string have show backgrounds and are champions in their respective disciplines. Your lesson is only as good as your horse and your instructor and you will find quality in both at Woodstock Ranch. Students who own their own horses are welcome to haul their horse in for lessons.